Loading...

TPL_00352

   
Keywords

File Details
Published: 24/01/2020 Rating:
Category: Tunnels Viewed: 1343 Downloads: 1
Color
                                          


Share
       

TPL_00352

ID : 698
Dislike 0

License:
TitlePriceBuy
Free Sample (Members Only)Free Download
Original (Personal / Research Use Only)£10.00
Publication (<3,000 Print Run)£20.00
TV / Film (Worldwide Use)£100.00
Other UseContact us to get the price

Files:

TPL_00352.JPG: 2947x4501px @ 1.41 Mb.



St Saviour`s tunnel which is featured in many publications as 'The tunnel under the church’ is one of the largest German tunnel complexes in Guernsey. This tunnel was originally constructed as a ration store and in 1944 it was converted into a munitions store. On 9th May 1969 Richard Heaume and John Hayes explored the remains of the tunnel and its contents which had captured the interest of many collectors ever since the scrap men had left in the 1950’s.