View looking across St. Aubin’s bay, Jersey from St. Helier Harbour. HMS Beagle can be seen at anchor behind Elizabeth Castle breakwater. One of the two square bunkers housing the firing points for the electrically detonated mines laid in the approaches to the harbour can be seen at the root of the castle breakwater.
The gun crew of Flak Batterie Kapellendorf located off Les Grandes Capelles in St Sampson. This battery of four 8.8cm Flak 18 guns which were used in an anti-aircraft role. This sequence of photographs were taken in December 1941. Note the gas holders located at Le Bouet in the background.